We’re looking for a Life Insurance Case Manager. Our agents count on us to be their complete back-office support; from quoting and illustrations to marketing and product delivery, we are the one-stop-shop. The case manager maintains primary ownership of cases during the underwriting process which requires engaging in frequent communication and coordination between agents, carriers, and internal resources. Responsible for setting the agent’s expectations appropriately and providing a world-class customer service experience based on our customer’s expectations throughout the service and underwriting process.
What to expect:
We have a fast-paced environment, and our case managers answer incoming calls from agents as well as stay current on their cases in underwriting with several insurance carriers. Your day will be spent following up on cases, problem-solving and trouble-shooting, and communicating back to agents. You must be well-organized and have the ability to manage and service several call campaigns including quote follow-ups in a timely manner. Your good computer and time management skills, as well as dedication to detail, are crucial to your success with our company.
Because of the dynamics in the insurance industry, you must be able to learn new concepts quickly, enjoy being on the phone and thrive meeting and exceeding goals. You must also feel comfortable receiving feedback on your work and coaching from the management team. We hope that you are ready to excel in a career as a case manager and are ready to do all that you can to become the best case management professional possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews incoming life, disability and executive benefits applications for missing information and transmits to the carrier once complete
- Orders and reviews all underwriting requirements including Attending Physician Statements (APS), Paramed Exams, Inspection Reports, supplemental forms and other medical requirements as required by the carriers
- Evaluates medical records, special tests, and financial information of both personal and business nature in order to evaluate and negotiate potential carrier approval.
- Conducts regular follow-up via phone and email on all outstanding underwriting requirements
- Organizes and prioritizes workload to ensure case is processed, issued and placed in a timely manner while maintaining frequent communication with the agent.
- Maintains internal processing database to document work activity and communication on all assigned cases
- Responsible for reviewing issued insurance policy for accuracy before mailing to insurance agent
- Follows up with agents on policy delivery requirements, including application amendments, health statements, insurance premium, etc. to ensure the policy is placed within the specified time-frame
- Taking initiative to review other-than-applied-for policies to determine best placement or alternatives
- Demonstrate a solid and consistent technical proficiency of underwriting guidelines to ensure cases are closed in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintains an in-depth technical knowledge of medical underwriting practices, and current brokerage processes in order to help agents/brokers process business in the most efficient manner.
- Upholds confidentiality standards
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Life Insurance experience a plus, but not required
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated time-management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Agency Works/iPipeline, Ebix Suite and PaperClip is preferred, but not required
- Desire to learn
- Dedicated to excellence in service and support
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients
- Outgoing personality